*Autumn Term - What are we learning?*
English - Key reading, writing, grammar, comprehension, spelling and language skills taught through a wide variety of text-types (formal and informal letters, playscripts, diary entries, classic poetry, stories with historical settings, non-chronological reports, explanations, biographies etc.)
Maths - Place value of number up to 10,000,000, operations and calculations, fractions and position and direction.
Whole-Class Novel - Jennifer Killick - Crater Lake
Science - Electricity / Light
PE - Swimming, Gymnastics, Dance and Hockey
History - The Victorians
Geography - Coasts and Coastal Erosion
ICT - Coding including SAMLABS, key skills, internet safety
Art - William Morris and printing
Design and Technology - Design and make a Victorian dollhouse
British Values - Democracy
RE - Stories of Hinduism / What is a church?
PSHE - Being Me / Celebrating Difference
French - Key vocabulary revision (numbers to 60, common greetings etc.), Food, School Subjects
Music - Keyboards and singing
Year 6 have PE every TUESDAY afternoon and will be starting swimming on THURSDAYS in the first few weeks. Please check back for more information on our swimming start date.
Please ensure your children have their PE kits in school on Tuesdays:
- Yellow PE shirt (COMPULSORY)
- Black shorts (COMPULSORY)
- Black pumps (COMPULSORY)
- Trainers for when we're lucky enough to do PE outside (OPTIONAL)
- Outdoor bottoms/jacket (OPTIONAL)
- All jewellery is to be removed before every PE session and long hair is expected to be tied back.
- Reading- children should be reading daily, covering a wide range of genres (please ask for advice)
- Weekly homework grids will be given out on Mondays, due back the following Monday.
If you have any questions or want to speak to me, please do not hesitate to contact me by coming into school, phoning school or signing up to Class Dojo and speaking to me directly there through its secure messaging system. Thank you!