*Spring Term - What are we learning?*
English - Key reading, writing, grammar, comprehension, spelling and language skills taught through a wide variety of text-types (stories, newspaper reports, poetry, explanation texts and discursive writing).
Maths - Revision of place value and fractions, reflection and symmetry, imperial and metric units of measure, decimals and percentages, properties of 2D and 3D shapes and problem-solving.
Whole-Class Novel - TBC
Science - The Circulatory System and Water Transportation
PE - Dance / Football / Netball / Orienteering
History - The Windrush Generation
Geography - Mountains, Earthquakes and Volcanoes (Physical Processes)
ICT - Internet safety, Communication and Collaboration, Website Design
Art - Graffiti Art, Clay sculpting, Kath Kollwitz, Edward Hopper
Design and Technology - Designing and making a stuffed toy / Designing and making a three-course meal
RE - Stories of the Qur'an
PSHE - Celebrating Difference / Dreams and Goals
French - Key vocabulary revision (including numbers to 79), Food, School Subjects, Alphabet, Days and Months.
Music - Singing and Keyboards
Year 6 have PE every MONDAY afternoon.
Please ensure your children have their PE kits in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Yellow PE shirt (COMPULSORY)
- Black shorts (COMPULSORY)
- Black pumps (COMPULSORY)
- Trainers for when we're lucky enough to do PE outside (OPTIONAL)
- Outdoor bottoms/jacket (OPTIONAL)
- All jewellery is to be removed before every PE session and long hair is expected to be tied back.
- Reading- children should be reading daily, covering a wide range of genres (please ask for advice)
- Weekly homework grids will be given out on Mondays, due back the following Monday.
If you have any questions or want to speak to me, please do not hesitate to contact me by coming into school, phoning school or signing up to Class Dojo and speaking to me directly there through its secure messaging system. Thank you!