*Autumn Term - What are we learning?*
English - Key reading, writing, grammar, comprehension, spelling and language skills taught through a wide variety of text-types (autobiographies, stories with morals, poetry (creating imagery), discursive writing, speeches and sonnets).
Maths - Place value up to 10,000,000, all operations and formal methods, problem-solving, area and perimeter, co-ordinates.
Whole-Class Novel - Tom Palmer - After The War: From Auschwitz to Ambleside
Science - Classification / Light
PE - Swimming / Gymnastics / Dance
History - How WW2 affected Barrow / The Windrush Generation
Geography - A comparison of The Lake District, Jamaica and The Tatra Mountains in Poland
ICT - Coding including SAMLABS / internet safety
Art - Impressionism, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, Graffiti Art
Design and Technology - Designing and making a three-course meal / designing and making a stuffed toy
British Values - Democracy
RE - Stories of Christianity / Islam
PSHE - Being Me / Celebrating Difference
French - Key vocabulary revision (numbers to 60, common greetings etc.), Food, School Subjects
Music - Keyboards and singing
Year 6 have PE every MONDAY afternoon.
Please ensure your children have their PE kits in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Yellow PE shirt (COMPULSORY)
- Black shorts (COMPULSORY)
- Black pumps (COMPULSORY)
- Trainers for when we're lucky enough to do PE outside (OPTIONAL)
- Outdoor bottoms/jacket (OPTIONAL)
- All jewellery is to be removed before every PE session and long hair is expected to be tied back.
- Reading- children should be reading daily, covering a wide range of genres (please ask for advice)
- Weekly homework grids will be given out on Mondays, due back the following Monday.
If you have any questions or want to speak to me, please do not hesitate to contact me by coming into school, phoning school or signing up to Class Dojo and speaking to me directly there through its secure messaging system. Thank you!