*Spring Term - What are we learning?*
English - Key reading, writing, grammar, comprehension, spelling and language skills taught through a wide variety of text-types (formal and informal letters, playscripts, diary entries, classic poetry, stories with historical settings, non-chronological reports, explanations, biographies etc.)
Maths - Decimals, Percentages, Algebra, Measurement and Converting Units, Volume, Ratio, Shapes
Whole-Class Novel - Murder Most Unladylike - Robin Stevens
Science - Light / The Circulatory System
PE - Football, Dance, Orienteering, Basketball
History - The Mayans / American Civil War and The Civil Rights Movement
Geography - North American Mountain Ranges and Rivers
ICT - Coding including SAMLABS, key skills, internet safety
Art - Banksy
Design and Technology
British Values - Democracy
RE - Buddhism / Islam
PSHE - Dreams and Goals / Healthy Me
French - Key vocabulary revision (numbers to 60, common greetings etc.), Food, School Subjects
Music - Keyboards and singing
Year 6 have PE every MONDAY and THURSDAY afternoon.
Please ensure your children have their PE kits in school on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
- Yellow PE shirt (COMPULSORY)
- Black shorts (COMPULSORY)
- Black pumps (COMPULSORY)
- Trainers for when we're lucky enough to do PE outside (OPTIONAL)
- Outdoor bottoms/jacket (OPTIONAL)
- All jewellery is to be removed before every PE session and long hair is expected to be tied back.
- Reading- children should be reading daily, covering a wide range of genres (please ask for advice)
- Weekly homework grids will be given out on Mondays, due back the following Monday.
If you have any questions or want to speak to me, please do not hesitate to contact me by coming into school, phoning school or signing up to Class Dojo and speaking to me directly there through its secure messaging system. Thank you!