Welcome to our class page!
We are all set for an exciting first term! This term we will be learning all about the Victorian era. We will find out what life was like for both rich and poor. We will be reading the fabulous story- Street Child, and learn all about Dr Barnardo and the charity he started. Mrs Crowe will also be looking at famous Victorian artists with you, including William Morris and L. S. Lowry.
With Mrs Hayes, in Science, we will be creating sparks with electricity and light. We will also be creating some energetic dance and gymnastic routines in PE this term.
Please download our "knowledge organisers" and brush up on some of the key facts that we will be learning about.
Year 6 have PE every TUESDAY and THURSDAY. This will change throughout the year so please keep checking back for updates!
Please ensure your children have their PE kits in school on Tuesdays:
- Yellow PE shirt (COMPULSORY)
- Black shorts (COMPULSORY)
- Black pumps (COMPULSORY)
- Trainers for when we're lucky enough to do PE outside (OPTIONAL)
- Outdoor bottoms/jacket (OPTIONAL)
- All jewellery is to be removed before every PE session and long hair is expected to be tied back.
- Reading- children should be reading daily, covering a wide range of genres (please ask for advice)
- Weekly homework grids will be given out on Mondays, due back the following Monday.
- Additional SATs homework will be given from the Spring term onwards.
If you have any questions or want to speak to me, please do not hesitate to contact me by coming into school, phoning school or signing up to Class Dojo and speaking to me directly there through its secure messaging system. Thank you!