Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Sports Premium Funding
What it is
The government has chosen to invest in Primary School Physical Education and School Sport for 2019-2021. They have done this by offering each primary school £16000 plus £10 per pupil to be spent in any way the school thinks best to improve the teaching and learning of PE and School Sport in their individual school.
Please click on the link below to see our most recent funding/spending for our Sports Premium.
How we are using it at Ormsgill
Our aim at Ormsgill is to provide high quality PE and School Sport provision for all our pupils.We aim to use this funding to enhance the curriculum we already to deliver and to ensure that these changes are fully sustainable in the long term.
To achieve this, we have invested in the following:
- The use of specialist coaches to work alongside our class teachers to develop a high quality PE curriculum for our pupils and enhance the teaching of PE within our school in the long term.
- The installation of an outdoor gym to provide children with further opportunities to be physically active each day.
- Year Round Swimming for children in Year 1 and 2 and additional sessions for children in Year 3 - 6.
- The purchase of additional sport equipment to enable us to deliver an effective PE curriculum.
- Subsidising transport to extra-curricular sporting events.
- Providing a greater range of 'outdoor and adventurous' activites throughout the local area.
- Training and support in the planning and delivery of PE for staff.