Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Pupil Premium Funding
The pupil premium is an allocation of funding provided to schools to support children who may be vulnerable to underachievement. The amount received is dependent on the number of children who are eligible and have claimed for free school meals at any time in the last six years (this categorisation changed in 2012). All schools are required to report on the amount of funding and how this is being used.
- We organise teaching and learning at Ormsgill in order to meet the needs of all children in the best way.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for children who belong to vulnerable groups and that socially disadvantaged children have their needs adequately assessed and met.
- We recognise that not all children who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and we also recognise that not all children that are disadvantaged have free school meals. We allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any child the school has identified as being socially disadvantaged and should be making better progress.
- We will allocate Pupil Premium funding after a needs analysis to identify priority groups and individuals.
Details of our pupil premium funding can be accessed by clicking on the links below:
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you think you may be entitled but aren't sure, please come and speak to one of our friendly office staff who will be able to assist you.