We have an attractive school uniform of which we are proud and hope that all our children are proud to wear. It helps to make us distinctive as a school, particularly when on visits or when representing the school at various events. We ask that all parents co-operate with us in purchasing the uniform but even more importantly that they make sure their children always wear full uniform throughout the school year. All items with the school logo can be purchased from Identity (formerly Trends), Cavendish Street, Barrow. All other items, (trousers, skirts, shoes etc) can be purchased in any other clothing store.
- Green Sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- White polo shirt
- Black skirt, pinafore dress or trousers (must be school trousers, not track/jogging bottoms or trouser skirts etc)
- Plain socks – white or black
- Flat heeled black shoes (no trainers or high wedge/heeled shoes)
- Summer uniform – green check gingham dresses may be worn with sandals (no sling backs, mules or high heels)
- Green sweatshirt with school logo
- White polo shirt
- Black trousers
- Plain socks - white or black
- Black shoes (no trainers)
- Summer uniform: Black school shorts may be worn
PE BOYS AND GIRLS:
All children must wear a change of clothing for Physical Education. Our P.E. kit is as follows:
- Black Shorts
- Yellow T-shirt with school logo
- Plimsoles - COMPULSORY
- Trainers – Recommended for outdoor games in Years 3 to 6
- Football boots (outdoor games)
- Black training pants (outdoor games - optional)
- Swimming costume – trunks for boys (no Bermuda/shorts style)
- Towel for swimming.
Please ensure your child has their PE kit every day to cater for timetable changes. Please name all clothing. Please use a named soft bag (not rucksack) to store P.E. clothes (this allows bags to be kept in the classroom if clothing is being lost). There will be P.E. and Uniform checks carried out throughout the school year.
Children’s hair should be worn in an acceptable style for school. - “No shorter than a number two cut, no sculptured patterns in the hair and no hair dye garishly applied”.
Children who have pierced ears may wear one small stud in each ear. We ask that parents/carers remove these at home on the days when children have P.E. and swimming lessons. The school will not take any responsibility for accidents or loss resulting from a child wearing earrings in school. We do ask that if your child is about to have his/her ears pierced that you do so during the long summer break to give them time to heal before the start of the new school year so they can be removed when necessary.
Children must not wear any piercings for P.E. following County Health and Safety rules.
Watches may be worn for school. Children are expected to take care of their own watches.
No other jewellery may be worn for school.